[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]How Are Dental Implants Installed? The US Academy of Implant Dentistry has estimated that so far 3 million Americans have undergone a dental implants procedures. In 2015, the dental implant market value hit $1.4 billion, reported Statista. When fixed properly, an implant will last long.
- If you’re someone who has persistent problems with your teeth, maybe it’s time you sought a lasting dental treatment from Von Chan DDS, in Petaluma California.
- A dental implant completely replaces your missing teeth, which may have occurred as a result of an accident or dental diseases.
- Implants renew your sense of self-confidence and give you another opportunity to smile broadly once again.
- Dental implants can also protect your natural teeth by preserving the bone structure.
Von Chan DDS is the name of a California-based dental clinic run by Dr Von Chan and her team of expert dentists. Located in Petaluma, CA, the dental clinic offers professional dental care services to patients in Petaluma and its neighborhood. Owing to their many years of experience in the industry, the success rate of Von Chan dental implants is a whopping 98%+.
Dental Implants Procedure: How It’s Done
By using ultramodern facilities, Von Chan DDS is up to the task of performing outstanding dental implants. Patients can access a vast range of services such as Treatments & Patient Education, Dental Implants, Invisalign, Zoom! Whitening, Cerec, VELscope Vx, Intra-oral Camera, Digital X-rays, Pediatric Dentistry and Veneers & Laminates.
- Some curious minds often ask one question: what’s a dental implant? In simple terms, it’s a procedure whereby synthetic teeth roots are inserted in the jawbones. The implants connect with your jawbones to allow dentists to fix artificial teeth (crowns).
- People who have lost their permanent teeth do not have to worry anymore, as implants will work for them like magic. They resemble your natural teeth in every little detail. Apart from bearing the costs of the procedure, there is nothing to lose through dental implants.
- What materials are used for dental implants? A typical dental implant is manufactured from the element titanium, as well as other materials that bond well with your jawbones.
- Before you can go through an implant procedure, you’ll have to book an appointment with Dr Von Chan, the qualified Petaluma dentist.
How to Prepare for a Dental Implant Installation
When a consultation with dentists proves that you’re fit to go through the procedure, your x-ray photograph may be taken.
- The doctor will discuss with you the various replacement methods that may suit your condition.
- During the initial phase of the procedure, you may be given IV sedation to ensure that you won’t feel any pain. However, that will require you to get a driver to take you home afterwards.
- The dentist will create an incision on your jawbone to prepare it to receive the artificial tooth. This will be done step-by-step. So, be patient since it’s not a one-day job.
Are There Contraindications for Dental Implant Procedures?
Indeed there are contraindications. If the jawbones of young children are not well-developed, they may be disqualified from dental implant procedures. Also, patients with pre-existing medical conditions such as diabetes and leukemia may be deemed unfit for teeth implants. The reason is that those conditions can inhibit the healing process of the wounds sustained after surgery. It’s important to openly communicate with Petaluma California dentists about your medical history and your habits such as smoking.
A dental implant procedure isn’t as scary as it seems. Thankfully, Von Chan dental clinic has the needs of patients at heart. Visit the Petaluma dentist in California, and you’ll be on your way to reliving your glory days when you confidently beam with smiles, anywhere, anytime.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]